There’s a myth that enforcing IP rights is prohibitively expensive. In truth it doesn’t have to be. If you have strong IP protection in place and if you detect actual or potential IP infringements as early as possible, then you give yourself the maximum chance of stopping infringers in their tracks with minimal effort and expense – often a single cease and desist letter can have the desired effect. This is because it’s easier to convince competitors to stop using your IP if they haven’t invested too much time and money in it, and before they’ve built up a large customer base.
Our IP monitoring solutions include:
- Monitoring patent, trademark and design registers for conflicting IP applications by competitors
- Working with customs authorities around the world to help identify infringing exports and imports
- Monitoring of traditional (offline) markets for counterfeit product
- Monitoring online market-places such as eBay for counterfeit product and trade mark infringements
- Monitoring Google Adwords
- IP infringement investigations (including coordinating ‘pretext’ investigations by private investigators)